In the bumper December 2012 edition:
• Voyaging into the future – our editorial on humanity’s first interstellar emissaries
• From Super Constellations, Dakotas, and Comets to HOTOL and SKYON: the Society’s new President talks to Odyssey about the path that led him to join the BIS, and his vision for the future
• Titans of the BIS: Ken Gatland remembered
• John Silvester reviews: Imagining Outer Space – European Astroculture in the Twentieth Century
• Ray Macauley’s Crafting the future: envisioning space exploration in post-war Britain
• From the BIS Archives – we dig deep into the Society’s history to bring you a photographic gem featuring Arthur C. Clarke
• An update on the latest Odyssey essays, including coverage of the 2012 “Arthurs,” and An Evening with Brian Blessed
• Plus information on all upcoming BIS events, including our annual Christmas get-together: The Last Men on the Moon
• And as ever, much more!
Subscription to the e-newsletter is free. If you are not already on the mailing list please contact the Editor, Mark Stewart, at email@example.com
Also coming soon – a look back at Odyssey 2012: a pictorial review of the past twelve months of the e-magazine in the gallery section of the BIS website.