Our current room hire rates can be found by clicking here. We offer office space and conference room and facilities in Vauxhall, London for either up to 12 or 50 people.
For any enquiries relating to BIS Room Hire, please fill in the form below and we will get back to you as quickly as we can:
Where are we?
The British Interplanetary Society
27-29 South Lambeth Road,
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7735 3160
Fax: +44 (0) 20 7582 7167
Office Opening Hours: 9:30am – 5:00pm
Library Opening Hours: 10:00am – 4:00pm (Mon-Fri) but please phone or use the contact form here to let us know you would like to use the library before you arrive in case it is in use (for filming, library group, other committee meetings).
Getting to the British Interplanetary Society (BIS) from Central London
The fastest way to get to the BIS from Central London is either by Underground Tube Train
- 5 minutes tube journey by Victoria Line tube from Victoria Railway / Underground Station to Vauxhall Underground Station,
- 8 minutes tube journey by Victoria Line tube from Oxford Circus Underground station to Vauxhall Underground Station,
- 10 minutes tube journey by Victoria Line tube from Euston Railway / Underground Station to Vauxhall Underground Station,
- 12 minutes tube journey by Victoria Line tube from Kings Cross St Pancras Railway / Underground Station to Vauxhall Underground Station
or by rail
- 5 minutes by train from London Waterloo Railway Station
Nearest Underground Station:
Vauxhall Underground Station (Victoria Line) – less than 5 minutes walk from the British Interplanetary Society
Nearest Railway Station:
Vauxhall Railway Station – built on top of Vauxhall Underground Station and less than 5 minutes walk from the British Interplanetary Society
Nearest Bus Station:
Vauxhall Bus Station – directly next to Vauxhall Underground and Railway Stations and less than 5 minutes walk from the British Interplanetary Society
Directions to the BIS from Vauxhall Underground, Railway and Bus stations
- If arriving at Vauxhall railway station, after descending the stairs to street level, there are two exits, which is confusing. However follow the signs to the Underground, this leads to the correct way out. After negotiating the automated barriers, this route leads into the street, but don’t continue down the subway steps to the Underground, instead go left along the road under the railway. (Keep Starbucks on your right).
- When you emerge from under the (tunnel-like) railway bridge, the busy main road in front of you is South Lambeth Road, which you need to cross. Be sure to use the traffic-light controlled pedestrian crossing, as drivers here rarely travel at less than 60 mph (or so it seems!)
- When you arrive on the other side of the road, do beware of cyclists, who have the right to cycle on the pavement, and usually do so quite fast. This can be most disconcerting to say the least.
- The BIS HQ building is clearly labelled, a little to the right at this point. However the entrance door is kept closed, so press the correct bell push from the three provided, and wait for the door to be opened.
Getting to the British Interplanetary Society (BIS) from London Heathrow Airport
- Take a Piccadilly Line tube from any of the London Heathrow Airport Terminals 1,2,3,4 and 5 Underground Stations going to Central London
- Change from the Piccadilly Line at Green Park Underground Station onto the Victoria Line tube heading South to Vauxhall Underground Station,
- Get off the tube train at Vauxhall Underground Station and follow the directions as indicated above for getting to the BIS from Vauxhall Underground, Railway and Bus Stations