UN Space Treaty Symposium
Date: 10th October 2017
Start Time: 9.15 am (tbc)
End Time: 5.30 pm (tbc)
Venue: 27/29 South Lambeth Road, London, SW8 1SZ
The British Interplanetary Society is holding a one day symposium to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the UN Space Treaty which has been the foundation of Space law for half a century.
The programme (subject to change) is expected to include the following papers:
- The SPACE Project: Apparent limitations on constructing a space habitat imposed by the UN Treaty
- International law relating to the mining of the deep seabed and outer space.
- Extraterrestrial Recidivism- Dissent and con-compliance in Outer Space and Earth's treaties
- Why the Moon Treaty failed
- The Common Heritage of Mankind meets Star Trek
- Extraterrestrial resources in space exploration and infrastructure development
- Embedding sustainability: The future of the Outer Space Treaty?
- How would the Outer Space Treaty be different if drafted in 2017
More details coming soon, including draft programme.