The Education and Outreach Committee oversees the BIS activities relating to work with Schools, Colleges, and Universities; with students and young people, and large scale public engagement. The committee also manages and coordinates World Space Week in the UK, on behalf of the BIS.
The Committee has seven full members, several corresponding members, and a growing network of external education and outreach specialists. It meets every two months to discuss initiatives, projects, activities, and educational event engagement.
Steve Salmon, Alistair Scott, Stuart Eves, Heather MacRae, Marino Saksdia, Keith Wright
- World Space Week
- Education and Outreach Annual Plan
- Internal and External E&O Collaborations
- Creating Educational Resources
- Developing Edutainment/Engagement Opportunities
- Developing Educational Competitions and Awards
- Developing Career Advice and Mentorship Opportunities
- STEM engagement