The British Interplanetary Society

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the BIS forums.
Jast added - Project KickSat

Author Topic: Times Past : April  (Read 559 times)

LesShoulder

• Administrator
Times Past : April
« on: April 03, 2018, 03:50:57 PM »

Yes it's time to part time's mist again. From Spaceflight April 2002 an indepth article on the first "Space Tourists" Dennis Tito and Mark Shuttleworth, a very interesting account on Guenter Wendt Cape Canaveral's legendary "Pad Leader",and a lecture from Charles Cockell on the Human Exploration of Mars - Lessons from a Polar Impact Crater.And with the upcoming Westcott seminar, from J.B.I.S. April 1992 British Rocket Development a series of papers on Gosling,Stonechat and Black Arrow amongst others.All these papers were as a result of talks held at B.I.S.

LesShoulder

• Administrator
Re: Times Past : April
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 03:16:44 PM »

Spaceflight for April 2012 had an in-depth anylasis of N.A.S.A.'s 2013 budget, a look at Asteroid - Next a proposal for crewed flights to the asteroid belt, and a history of the Intelsat III satellites. The evening talk at H.Q. was Perceived Anomalies in the Apollo Lunar Surface Images by Marcus Allen with a reply by Jerry Stone ( and a very interesting night it was ! ).
 J.B.I.S. for March/April 2001 contained 2 papers on the Chinese space programme taken from the symposium held by the B.I.S in November 2000 and amongst others a very detailed paper on the Soviet Unions "Star Wars " programmes  from 1961 to the fall of Communism by Claude Wachtel.