The British Interplanetary Society

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the BIS forums.
Jast added - Project KickSat

Author Topic: Times Past : May  (Read 613 times)

LesShoulder

• Administrator
Times Past : May
« on: May 07, 2018, 12:00:03 PM »

From the May issue of Spaceflight 1999 we have articles on the 30th. anniversary of Apollo 10, an update on current and possible future operations on Mir, the 9th part of a look into the history of Soviet Rocketry by Timothy Varfolomeyev and extended correspondence on Crew Flight Patches.May also saw a Lecture at H.Q. by Dr. M.G.Watson on the upcoming XMM - Newton mission due for launch later that year.
               J.B.I.S. for April/May 2012 saw a series of papers on World Ships a result of a symposium held by the B.I.S. the previous August.

PatrickMahon

• Approved member
Re: Times Past : May
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 02:19:01 AM »

Thanks Les. I'm interested in the JBIS issue on worldships, given that I wasn't a member at the time. Have there been any follow up events or publications on worldships since then? Thanks.

LesShoulder

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 01:59:41 PM »

Thanks Les. I'm interested in the JBIS issue on worldships, given that I wasn't a member at the time. Have there been any follow up events or publications on worldships since then? Thanks.
Not I think on "Worldships" per se, but there were many papers on interstellar subjects in J.B.I.S. between 2012 - 2015.See the index link for J.B.I.S. on our main web-site/what we do/publications. For more recent papers / workshops etc. you could visit our younger siblings web-site, i4is.

LesShoulder

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2019, 12:56:23 PM »

Spaceflight for May 1988 had editorial comment and much correspondence on the U.K. govt. space policy (or lack thereof ), the newly issued Space Shuttle launch manifest following the lose of the shuttle Challenger, plus a look at the causes by Ali F. Abutaha. A long article on Space Tethers (this to my mind seems top have been put on the back burner lately ). The meeting this month was History of the Royal Observatory by A.J.Perkins.Also an orbiturary for Richard Feynman.

J.B.I.S. for May 1996 was a special on Electrical Propulsion including several projects that could use the UK-25 ion thruster.