The British Interplanetary Society

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the BIS forums.
Jast added - Project KickSat

Author Topic: Times Past : June  (Read 537 times)

LesShoulder

• Administrator
Times Past : June
« on: June 05, 2018, 02:21:28 PM »

From the June 1992 issue of Spaceflight.The second part of a detailed look at Soviet probes to Venus by D.F.Robertson, a look forward to NASA's E.U.V.E. mission, STS - 42 mission report.The Society talk for the month was A European Lunar base - New Patterns for International Collaboration by C.M.Hempsell. Also a small report on member Charles Cockell standing as a Parliamentary Candidate against the then P.M. John Major. This was to raise awareness in Britains role in Space Exploration.(He did not win).

J.B.I.S. for June 1988 was a general issue including a look at the Giotto Spacecraft Health Assessment,after it's encounter with Halley's comet.

LesShoulder

• Administrator
Re: Times Past : June
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2019, 11:31:43 AM »

Spaceflight June 1999 included a feature on the Roton single stage to orbit launcher that had high hopes of success but like must projects hit monetary problems and closed,a large photo feature on the Proton rocket, and articles on the men chosen for the U.S.A.F. Manned Orbiting Laboratory program and a look foward to the launch of the Chandra X - Ray Observatory. Talks that month were the annual Soviet/CIS all day symposium.

J.B.I.S. combined issue for May/June 2015 was a mixed issue including such papers titled Communications,S.E.T.I.,and Strategies, Deliberate Destruction of Planets and Biospheres and Mass Beam Propulsion,an Overview.