The British Interplanetary Society

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the BIS forums.
Jast added - Project KickSat

Author Topic: Times Past : September  (Read 341 times)

LesShoulder

• Administrator
Times Past : September
« on: September 05, 2018, 02:12:11 PM »

From Spaceflight for September 2000 a packed issue had articles on amongst others, a feature on the history and operations of Space Imaging Corp.A look at the begining of the I.S.S. construction, and a look at the political, economic and human repercussions of the cut back in the number of Apollo missions.The talk that month was by Dr. Julian Hiscox from the University of Reading on The Outer Solar System and the Implications for Exobiology.Oh and a small news item on delay in the launch of the Next Generation Space Telescope from 2007 to 2009 ( the joy of optimism).
    From J.B.I.S for September 2006 a series of papers on Space Elevators ( a concept I think that can only grow, not withstanding the advances in re-usable rockets.).

LesShoulder

• Administrator
Re: Times Past : September
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2019, 01:43:17 PM »

From Spaceflight for September 1987 an article and comment on the U.K. govt. lack of support for a British Space Plan (many might say there has been little change there.)  A look at the Ariane order book and prospects as the Ariane model IV was about to come on line. The case for manned space flight after a bad 1986 for the U.S.A. was made in a article by Dr. M.H. Harrison. No lectures this month only the 42 nd. A.G.M.
   A combined J.B.I.S. for Sept/Oct. 2012 contained papers from the 100 Year Starship Study held in Florida in Oct. 2011. Papers covered a variety of Educational, Social, Economic and Legal Considerations.