Whether you are looking at a career in space, already work in the industry or are simply passionate about the future of humanity, and the possibilities of space exploration and technology, the BIS is the place to be to inspire, educate, and innovate. From Imagination to Reality.
The British Interplanetary Society is your inside connection to the global space community.
Our membership includes; space professionals, academics and enthusiasts worldwide, who have exclusive access to the latest space news with expert analysis, and work together for the benefit of humanity.
For nearly 90 years, the BIS has supported the development of visionary concepts in spaceflight, and offered unique opportunities to network and connect within the space industry.
By joining BIS, not only are you supporting our work to advance the future of humanity in space, but you receive the following benefits:
- Regular issues of Spaceflight, the world’s leading space and astronautics magazine.
- Additional subscriptions options to:
- Membership of a worldwide network of like-minded space professionals, celebrities, enthusiasts and students.
- Access to the members’ section of the BIS website including exclusive lectures, videos and reports.
- Access to one of the world’s most comprehensive astronautical collections in the BIS library and the online Library Catalogue.
- Regular email updates from the Society.
- Free access to our programme of lectures.
- Opportunities to meet astronauts and leading figures in space science, technology and exploration.
Thank you for your continued support, which enables us to support you to help us advance knowledge and advocate the exploration and use of space for the benefit of humankind.
You can access the members’ area to download copies of your magazines and other exclusive content.
If you would like to continue to support us, please renew your subscription:
The BIS Business Network aims to bring together entrepreneurs and innovators with larger organisations.
The Business Network is designed for those leading their organisations, the Network gives
- Access to exclusive networking events.
- Priority access to information about the UK Pavilion at the IAC
- Discounts for Reinventing Space exhibition space
- Recognition on the BIS website
- Priority access to advertising opportunities in our suite of magazines.
Applications are now open for the Foundation Tier of the Business Network
- Prices start at £500 for businesses with less than five staff
- An additional discount is available for businesses with an existing relationship with the Society.
Volunteer for Us
The BIS Volunteer Network is key to the success of the BIS. Our volunteers assist with all aspects of the running of the Society. Please join us and help ensure the BIS works for its Members!