Bob Parkinson, John Becklake
The Heritage Committee functions and delegations are:
- Ensure that the Society’s Archives, Library, photo library, paintings, and other heritage assets are well preserved for the Society and the public good.
- Identify, consider and work with staff to bid for funding opportunities for the preservation of the above.
- Identify, consider and work with staff to identify commercial opportunities relating to all heritage assets, but especially photographic imagery and the R.A. Smith Collection, without the sale of originals.
- Promote the Society’s Library and Archives, both to the membership as a member benefit, and for the benefit of public education.
- Work with staff to achieve the aims of digitising the heritage collection.
- Work with staff to initiate projects to record past events and activities of the Society, especially those which can inform the future of the Society.
- Prepare short biographies and obituaries on past and present BIS members and fellows, and eminent space exploration experts, for internal and external media.
- Receive reports of the Library Working Group.