Mark Hempsell, Richard Osborne, Robin Brand, David Homfray, Jerry Stone, Rob Swinney
The Technical Committee functions and delegations are:
- Hold professional responsibility, subject to review only by Council, on academic and technical issues relating to astronautics.
- Encourage and facilitate academic work, working with the JBIS team to encourage publication of papers.
- Solicit and consider ideas for new technical projects from the wider membership of the organisation.
- Initiate, monitor, conclude and evaluate specific technical projects.
- Support the Events Committee in speakers and content for specialist symposia.
- Work with the JBIS team to encourage publication of papers
It is noted that Technical Projects should be theoretical and not for commercial gain. Should any project become potentially commercially viable, Council must be notified and the project spun off.
- Project Icarus
- The SPACE Project
- The SLV (Small Launch Vehicle)
- Project Q-cube
- Project TOKNEP