1. BIS Awards are organised by the British Interplanetary Society, 27-29 South Lambeth Road, London SW8 1SZ, registered with the Charity Commission for England and Wales under number 250556 (“the BIS” or “The Society”) unless otherwise stated.
2. The Society reserves the right to not consider nominations received for those who do not meet the criteria set out in the notice of the Awards, or where there is insufficient information for the judges to consider their work and achievements. We also reserve the right to verify the information provided in the nomination, and to disqualify any nominee or winner if it becomes evident that the information provided is not verifiable or is incorrect.
3. Nominations received after the stated closing date (or any extension) will not be accepted.
4. Our Awards are free to enter and no purchase is necessary, unless membership of the Society is a pre-requisite.
5. The BIS will not accept responsibility for entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any postal failure, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
6. By submitting an entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
7. The BIS reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
8. The winners will be chosen by a panel of judges appointed at the discretion of the BIS. In all matters, the decision of the judge(s) shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into. There shall be no right of appeal.
9. Winners will be contacted by a relevant BIS Trustee, Lead or staff member, and by confirming their details in writing tacitly agree to the Society using their names, nomination information and photographs in publicity materials (including but not limited to the website, social media, magazines and publications, and other activities), for these awards and for future BIS activities.
10. Return of any notification as undeliverable or failure to reply as specified in the notification (and within the time stated) may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. If more than one prize is awarded only one prize per entrant will be awarded.
11. Claims for prizes must be made in the manner and within the time specified on the prize notification. Failure to claim a prize within this time or in the manner specified may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner, or forfeiture of the prize.
12. Prizes are non–transferable and there is no alternative. We reserve the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
13. Prizes are awarded at our sole discretion and no prizes will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any nominator or nominee.
14. We reserve the right to request written proof of age of any winner.
15. All taxes, insurances, and other expenses as the case may be, unless specifically stated, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
16. The BIS reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
Limitation of liability
17. Insofar as is permitted by law, the British Interplanetary Society, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the BIS, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
19. We reserve the right to share the name of the nominator of an individual with the nominee, but not their contact details.
20. Entrants may be required to participate in press related activities. The Society will check with each individual that they are willing to participate prior to sharing their details with any press, but we will not be responsible for any direct approaches by journalists or others.
21. Should any nominee wish to withdraw from an Awards process, they can inform us at any time. This must be sent in writing by email, to email@example.com
22. All BIS awards, competitions, and other activites will be governed by English law and entrants to any awards process submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
23. The BIS reserves the right to update these Terms and Conditions from time to time and any updated version will be effective as soon as it is published on the website.