Members of Council
The British Interplanetary Society Council meets every six weeks and consists of up to 12 BIS Fellows.
- The term of office for the President lasts 3 years and is elected from amongst existing members of Council at the last Council meeting prior to the AGM.
- The President Elect begins their term at the first Council after the AGM.
- The term of office for both Vice-Presidents is 1 year and they are elected from amongst existing members of Council at the meeting after the AGM.
- There is no limit to the number of terms any one person can serve as Vice-President.
- The outgoing President must wait 3 years before he can be nominated for Presidency again.