The West Midlands Branch Presents Space 2069 By Dr David Whitehouse
Speaker: Dr David Whitehouse
Date: Saturday 9th January 2021
Start Time: 14:00
End Time: 15:15
Venue: via Zoom
In this talk based on his latest book “Space 2069” Dr David Whitehouse outlines the major themes of human space exploration to 2069 – the 100th anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing. What are the plans to return to the Moon, and are they feasible? How and where would we build a moon base and what will its role be in further exploration? What about Mars? What’s the planet like and could we survive the journey? David will also describe the process of writing a book about space.
Dr David Whitehouse is a writer and broadcaster and author of 7 best-selling books including the acclaimed “Apollo 11 – The Inside Story,” and “Space 2069.” He has written for phone lines, Teletext, newspapers, magazines, radio, TV, mobile phones and online for which he has won many awards including European Internet Journalist of the Year. He has an asteroid – 4036 Whitehouse – named after him and in 2019 a message from him was bounced off the Moon. He has met and interviewed many involved in the space business including everyone who has been to the Moon. He appears more than anyone on the British media talking about space. Over 40 years he has made more broadcasts than anyone else, ever. His PhD is from Jodrell Bank.
- 13:55 – The meeting is available to join
- 14:00 – Welcome
- 14:05 – Space 2069 by Dr David Whitehouse
- 14:35 – Questions and Answers (we enable everyone’s microphone to allow an interactive Q&A session)
- Register for the Talk using the link below
- Before the event, we will send you an email with the joining link for the meeting.
- On the day, click meeting link (and follow the on-screen instructions to install Zoom if prompted)
Please Note this Conference Call will not be recorded