The British Interplanetary Society NextGen Network is establishing a BIS NextGen Award to celebrate rising stars within the UK space community. In its inaugural year, the NextGen Award will celebrate the World Space Week’s theme of Women in Space. We’re looking to lift up, recognise and celebrate five rising women (18-35 years old) in the UK space community. No matter what your role in the space community is (scientists, artists, community leaders, the list goes on!), we want to hear from and celebrate you!
Awardees will be announced at a BIS event during World Space Week, recognised on the BIS NextGen website, and receive a commemorative BIS Comet Pin.
The Judges are looking for:
- Activities and achievements in space to date
- Inspiring the next generation and track record of acting as a role model to others
- Potential to make a significant, distinctive, and/or innovative contribution to the space community
NextGen Awards Timeline
- Nominations open: 20 July
- Nominations close: 4 Sept
- Judging period: 4 Sept – 4 Oct
- Awardees announced during World Space Week: 4-10 October
A voluntary team including the BIS NextGen Network, BIS Education and Outreach Committee, and guest judges will review the nominations and select the five recipients.
To nominate yourself or someone else, please complete the form below.